approved as the first
woman member in July 1950 and she served as President of the Board in 1954 and 1955. In 1982, the Bylaws were changed and sales associates
became REALTOR® members with a full vote in the Board.
The minutes show that the members started talking about organizing a formal Multiple Listing Service as early as 1948 when a committee was
appointed to study the matter. It appears that much discussion was held during the years concerning rules and procedures, but from reading
the minutes, on May 28, 1962, the Multiple Listing Service was approved. Floyd Price was on the first MLS Committee. The MLS was financed
with a commission paid on each “Sold” listing up to the year 1972. The first MLS books were printed in 1978. Prior to that time the MLS
information was distributed on “tear sheets” with each agent responsible for keeping his 3-ring binder up-to-date.
On May 21, 1973, a general membership meeting was held at the Inn of the Hills Resort & Conference Center to vote on the purchase of our
present location at 328 Jefferson St. The following have served in what is now the Executive Officer position: Doris Sprott, 1973-1976;
Sue Nowak, 1976 -1981; Eileen Meek, 1981 - 1981; Glynda Prinz, 1981 –2006; and Ramona LeBleu September 2006 - present.
Through the years, Kerrville Board of REALTORS®, as a group, made donations to many worthy causes. In the early 70s money was donated to
several Texas Boards to assist in areas hit by disasters. In the last few years funds have been donated to help place a sign at the new
city park at Lois and Methodist Encampment; to Habitat for Humanity to eliminate inadequate housing, and for the Oklahoma bombing disaster.
Board members have also contributed many hours to local civic activities, some of which have been operating a “Water Booth” at the State Arts & Crafts Fair for several
years, participating in a river clean up day, conducting a Voter Registration Drive,
and having a float in the annual Christmas parade.